UPDATE 31 Dec 2015: We’re delighted to announce that the position has been filled! Thank you everyone for your interest.
Want to work with a dynamic team to create a healthy and nourished world?
Calorie Cloud, caloriecloud.org, is a non-profit organization with a technology platform that converts the abundance of calories burned here in US into life saving food for undernourished kids. We currently do this through two programs:
- UNICEF Kid Power
UNICEF Kid Power educates and inspires American kids to get active and healthy, so malnourished kids worldwide can survive and thrive. This is done in partnership with the team at the US Fund for UNICEF.
- Wellness Challenge
A platform to help you and your co-workers get active and healthy, while recycling the calories you collectively burn and turning them into life saving nutrition for malnourished children.
We are looking for a problem solving, technology savvy, creative communicator to head up our customer support efforts for Kid Power. We use Zendesk to manage all our customer support issues.
This role will be dedicated to directly helping kids, parents and families with Kid Power. Typical week of work may include the following:
- 80% of the time will be directly helping end users with questions submitted through Zendesk.
- Optimize support process including ticket routing, satisfaction surveys, and support FAQs.
- Weekly team meetings on Google Hangouts
- Staying involved with the team on Slack to have context and connection.
- Use Android and iOS devices daily as a Kid Power participant.
- Review mobile app release notes. Be familiar with the new features, changes and bug fixes. Then adjust the support resources (macros, FAQs) as need to reflect any changes.
- Dedicate some time weekly to summarize and review support metrics. Work with Zendesk best practices to standardize reporting to line up with values that make our customers happy.
- Use your unique skills and viewpoint to contribute ideas to our product roadmap and bring up ideas to improve the experience and lower support needs.
We are looking for a dynamic communicator who loves to learn. You will definitely have a front row seat working in a startup that is aiming to make a difference in the world.
Looking for someone in Orange County, CA who can work from a co-working space in Newport Beach together a couple days per week. The balance of the work week can done from any location with some flexibility on the hours understanding we often work with partners on the East Coast. We have a small team of about 12 employees living all over the world and regularly use Google Hangouts to stay in touch and have team meetings. We also aim to pull our team together on a semi-regular basis by meeting a destination city often renting an Airbnb house as a time to enjoy some face to face teamwork and share some meals.
- Full-time entry level position with competitive salary depending on experience.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance provided after waiting period of two months.
- 15 days paid time off per year plus holidays.
- Macbook and mobile phone will be provided.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please tell us a little about yourself, why you think you would love this job, and include your resume.